- Milk – 2 Cups
- Basmati Rice – 1 Tbsp
- Saffron – 1 pinch
- Cardamom powder – 1 pinch
- Sugar – 1/4 Cup
- Mango Puree – 1 Cup
- Ripe Mango slices – as needed
- Slivered Almonds – as needed
- First add the milk to a heavy bottomed or non stick pan. Heat it in medium-low flame.
- While the milk is heating up, add the basmati rice to a mixie/blender and grind it coarsely. Use the pulse option of the mixie.
Once the milk is slightly warm, add the basmati rice, saffron to the milk and cook until the basmati rice is fully cooked. Now add the cardamom powder to the milk mixture.
Finally, add the sugar to the milk, mix well until dissolved. Turn off the flame and leave the mixture to come to room temperature.
Once the milk mixture is cooled down, add the mango puree to the mixture and mix well until combined. Refrigerate until cold.
Serve cold with a garnish of mango and almonds.