- Fish- 4 pieces
- Onion paste- 2tbsp
- Ginger garlic paste- 2tsp
- Green chilli paste- 2tsp
- Jeera powder- 1tsp
- Red chilli powder- ½ tsp
- Turmeric powder- 1tsp
- Garam masala powder- ½ tsp
- Jeera seeds- 1tsp
- Bay leaf- 1
- Coconut milk- 1 ½ cups
- Salt- as per taste
- Oil- 2tbsp
Heat one tablespoon of oil in a pan. Marinate the fish pieces with salt and turmeric powder.
2. Fry the fish pieces in oil, lightly. Do not overcook.
3. Once done, transfer the fish pieces to a plate and keep it aside.
4. In the same pan, heat another tablespoon of oil and add jeera seeds and bay leaf. Allow it to splutter.
5. Then, add the onion paste and fry till it turns golden bown.
6. Add ginger-garlic paste, green chilli paste and sauté for 4-5 minutes.
7. Then, add the jeera powder, red chilli powder and saute for another 2-3 minutes.
8. Slowly add the coconut milk and stir immediately.
9. Add salt and the fish pieces. Simmer the gravy for about 5-6 minutes till the fish is completely cooked.
10. Finally, add the garam masala powder and switch of the flame.