- 2 white pomfrets – medium sized
- 1 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1 teaspoon red chili powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 3 green chilis
- 4 tablespoon grated coconut
- 6 garlic pods
- 1/2 inch ginger
- 1 inch piece of tamarind
- 1 teaspoon coriander seeds
- 4-5 black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 1 cup chopped coriander leaves
- 1/2 medium sized finely chopped onion
- 1 cup rava
- 1/2 cup rice flour
- 1/2 tsp chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 4 tablespoon oil
- Salt to taste
- Clean the fish by cutting only its head, fins and tail. Make a slit on one.
- Marinate the fish by applying 1 teaspoon chili powder, 1 teaspoon turmeric powder and salt.
- Grind or blend all the ingredients meant for stuffing except the chopped onion. You can add 1/4 cup water while grinding. Don’t make the paste too watery, keep it a bit thick.
- Add raw chopped onion to the paste and ¼ tsp salt and mix well.
- From the slit part, stuff the fish with the prepared green masala with onion. Apply some masala paste on all sides of the fish.
- On a plate, mix rava(semolina), rice flour and little salt.
- Coat the stuffed pomfret with prepared rava on all the sides.
- Heat the frying pan and spread oil. After oil gets heated, place the rava coated stuffed pomfret on the frying pan. After 10 minutes using 2 spatulas, gently turn it to the other side.
- Put little oil in the top of the turned pomfret. Fry it further for 15 minutes. Switch off the gas.