Fish – 4 fish fillets ( I used tilapia)
Shallots – 4 or 5
Ginger garlic paste – 1 1/2 tsp
Red chilli powder – 2 tsp
Turmeric powder – 1 tsp
Coriander powder – 3 tsp
Salt – as required
Curry leaves – a fist full
Oil – as required for shallow fry
- Smash shallots in mortar and pestle or pulse it in a mixer.
- Cut half of the curry leaves finely.
- Add shallots, ginger garlic paste, spice powders, curry leaves, and salt.
- Make a paste.
- Marinate fish and keep aside for 30 mins to 1 hour.
- Heat oil in the pan.
- Put the remaining curry leaves in it.
- Then cook fish in medium flame till it gets cooked.