- tablespoon olive oil
- 2 large eggs
- 1 pinch salt and ground black pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon butter, softened
- 2 slices Italian bread
- 1 ounce Swiss cheese, sliced
- 1 ounce Cheddar cheese, sliced
- ½ ripe avocado, sliced
Heat olive oil in a skillet over medium heat. Crack eggs into skillet; cook for 1 to 2 minutes. Flip and cook egg until done, 2 to 5 minutes more. Transfer eggs to a plate and season with salt and pepper.
- Heat a skillet over medium heat. Lay bread slices in the hot skillet, butter-side down. Quickly layer Swiss cheese, 1 fried egg, Cheddar cheese, 1 fried egg, avocado, and remaining bread slice, butter-side up. Carefully flip sandwich to grill other side until golden brown, 3 to 4 minutes.
Remove sandwich from skillet and cut in half.