Ingredients for Mango Swill Roll Cake
Here are the main ingredients you’ll need to make this incredible, fruity cake roll:
- Eggs: for making the sponge cake. It’s best to have the eggs at room temperature. They will mix better than cold eggs.
- Sugar, Flour, Baking Powder: for making the fluffy sponge cake base.
- Mangos: use ripe and sweet mangos for the mango puree filling, and for making the mango roses on top.
- Mango Nectar: also known as mango juice. Use juice to add more flavor to the filling. If you can’t find juice, you can simply thin the mango puree with water.
- Mascarpone: you can also use cream cheese for this recipe. Soften the cheese for no more than 20 to 30 minutes at room temperature. Mascarpone can start to separate if it’s kept out for too long.
- Heavy Cream: use well chilled heavy cream for making the whipped cream frosting.