- 2 cups fresh homemade cottage cheese.
- 4 tbsp milk powder.
- 2 tbsp clarified butter.
- 1-2 drops yellow food colour or saffron.
- 2-3 drops red food colour.
- 2 tbsp sliced pistachios.
- 25 cloves.
- Heat clarified butter in a thick bottom pan on low flame.
Add in the milk and bring it to a boil.
- Now add cottage cheese, milk powder, sugar and yellow food colour or saffron.
- Mix everything well and cook on low medium flame till the mixture starts leaving the sides of the pan.
- When the mixture becomes like soft dough, switchoff the flame and transfer the mixture in a bowl.
- Let it cool down slightly.
Knead it to form a smooth dough.
- Make small balls, press it gently with the the help of your finger and shape them like apple.
- Place cloves in the centre.
- Now in a small bowl mix red food colour in 2 tsp water.
- Now take a paint brush and give red shade to the apples.
Garnish with pistachios.
- Delicious apple mithai is ready to serve.