- Idli batter (fermented) – 2 cups
- Ragi flour – ½ cup
- Oil – 1 tbsp
- Warm water – 1/4 cup + 2 tbsp
- Salt to taste
- Mix the flour with warm water in a bowl to make a thick paste.
- Once the paste is thick, mix it with idli batter and add a little salt. Stir gently.
- Keep aside for 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, boil water in a steamer and grease the moulds with oil.
- Pour the batter into the moulds.
- Keep the idli stand in the steamer and allow it to steam for 10 minutes.
- Serve warm.
Cut fruits into small pieces so that your child can pick up and eat them easily. Ensure the fruits are tiny and chewy. Otherwise, it can choke your toddler. For instance, you should cut grapes into small pieces rather than serving whole grapes.
Milk is a must for every toddler. It’s highly nutritious and helps him grow physically strong and mentally sharp. Whether you are still breastfeeding your baby or feeding him cow milk, don’t give too much of it. If his stomach gets filled up with milk, he won’t feel like eating solid foods.
Yoghurt is a healthy food option for toddlers. It is considered safe for children right from the time they turn 6 months old. This dairy product is full of nutrients and also a tasty option for your child.