- 3 tablespoons of plain whole-milk Greek yogurt
- 1 tablespoon of shredded unsweetened coconut
- ¼ cup of finely chopped kiwi
- ¼ cup of finely chopped mango
- ¼ cup of finely chopped banana
1. In a bowl, stir together the yogurt and coconut.
2. Add fruit and stir gently to combine.
3. Refrigerate in an airtight container for 1-day.
- teaspoon of olive oil
- 2 tablespoons of shredded carrots
- 2 tablespoons of frozen petite peas
- 2 tablespoons of water
- ½ cup of cooked brown rice
- 1 large egg, beaten
1. In a small frying pan, warm olive oil over medium heat.
2. Add carrots into the pan and cook for about 3 minutes or until carrots are tender.
3. Add peas and water.
4. Cover and cook for 3 minutes or until peas are tender.
5. Stir in rice and cook until warm.
6. Add egg and stir constantly until the egg is fully cooked.
7. Cool and serve.
- cup of rinsed quinoa
- ½ cup of water
- 1 teaspoon of olive oil
- ½ cup of canned low-sodium black beans, drained
- ¼ cup of fresh or frozen corn kernels
1. In a small saucepan, combine quinoa and water.
2. Bring it to boil over high heat.
3. Once boiling, reduce heat to low, cover, and simmer for 20 minutes until quinoa is soft and the liquid is absorbed.
4. Let it stand, covered for another 10 minutes.
5. While quinoa cooks, warm up olive oil in a small frying pan over medium heat.
6. Add beans and coon and cook (stirring and mashing slightly).
7. Add mixture to quinoa and stir.
8. Cool and serve.
It can be refrigerated in an airtight container for up to 3 days.