4 medium sized potatoes boiled & peeled1 cup rajgira aata ( vrat ka aata/flour )2 tsp saltgrated ginger 1/2 tsp1 tsp jeera powder2 green chillies, finely choppedCrushed groundnut 1/4 cup ( optional )Oil for fryingYogurt nicely beaten1 cupImli/tamarind chutney 1/2 cupMint chutney 1/2 cupCoriander for garnishPomegranate seeds 1/4 cup
- Mash the potatoes and add the rajgira aata, salt, jeera powder, ginger and green chilli, groundnut crushed also if u r using.
- Mix all this and make a soft dough and make small balls and press them as tikis in any shape.
- These tikkis can be airfried or shallow fried or deep fried. For Shallow or pan frying place the prepared tikki on a tawa/pan and put few tbsps of olive oil/ any cooking oil of choice and cook on both sides till crispy and golden brown in colour.
- Air Fryer Method: Preheat the AirFryer for 3-4 minutes at 350 F. Now just by using a silicone brush apply very little oil on both sides of the prepared tikki and place in the air fryer basket and start air frying at 380 F for 10-12 minutes. Flip half way for uniform cooking. Tikkis will be nice crisp and golden brownish in color. If you feel not cooked by 12 minutes, just cook for another 2 more minutes and it should be fine and perfectly cooked. This method uses very little oil but makes perfectly crispy tikkis.
- Enjoy the tikkis as is or make into a chaat. Enjoy with vrat ki special chutney ( no onion garlic mint coriander chutney and imli or tamarind chutney )
- If you like deep fried ones can deep fry also,but i generally prefer Air frying over deep frying or shallow frying, as very little oil is used.
- For making the chaat : In a plate take 3-4 tikis, add the yogurt , mint and imli chutney, sprinkle a pinch of salt,chilli powder,jeera powder. Top it with few crushed groundnut, pomegranate seeds, coriander leaves and vrat ka mixture ( optional if u have. It’s available at Indian grocery stores ).