- 1 ½ cups boiled spaghetti see Note 1
- 4 eggs
- ½ tomato – chopped
- 1 tablespoon chopped onion
- ¼ green bell pepper – chopped
- 1 seasoning cube (Maggi) 4g cube
- 1 ½ tablespoons oil
- ⅛ teaspoon ground white pepper
- 2 sprigs parsley – finely chopped
- Place tomato, onion, bell pepper, parsley, cracked eggs and white pepper in a bowl. Sprinkle seasoning cube (Maggi) on top. Beat with a fork to combine then add the spaghetti and mix well to combine.
- Heat oil in a skillet on high for 2 minutes then reduce the heat to low and pour the spaghetti and egg mixture into the skillet. Spread to ensure that it is evenly distributed in the skillet then let it cook on very low heat for about 8 minutes until the egg sets. Flip to the other side and let it cook for another 3 minutes.
- Serve warm!
boiled an 8-ounce pack of spaghetti then measured out a cup and a half for this recipe. You should boil the spaghetti according to the package instructions. Salt your water before boing and after boiling, do not rinse. That way, no extra salt is needed in the recipe.
2. Feel free to add some chili pepper or a little freshly chopped habanero pepper if you want some heat in this recipe. OR just serve with some hot sauce on the side.
3. Customise your spaghetti omelette as you like. You could add other chopped veggies like different colored bell peppers, chopped celery, etc. You could equally add other forms of protein like sausage, ham, canned sardines, or even cheese.
4. It is key to let the omelette cook on low heat in this recipe. If you let it cook on high heat. the egg will burn without it cooking through. So low heat is best to ensure it cooks thoroughly.