Bhindi Masala Recipe
- ▢ 5 tablespoon Vegetable Oil
- ▢ 500 g Bhindi/ Okra (Chopped)
- ▢ 1 teaspoon Cumin Seeds
- ▢ 1 cup Onion (Chopped)
- ▢ 1 teaspoon Ginger (Grated)
- ▢ 1 teaspoon Garlic (Minced)
- ▢ 1 cup Tomato (Chopped)
- ▢ 2 teaspoon Coriander Powder
- ▢ 1 teaspoon Turmeric Powder
- ▢ 1 teaspoon Red Chilli Powder
- ▢ Salt to taste
- ▢ 1 teaspoon Dry Mango Powder
- Wash the bhindi and wipe each one nicely.
- Cut into small pieces.
- Heat 2 tablespoon oil in a pan.
- Add the bhindi and fry for 6-8 minutes on medium high heat until slightly crisp.
- Remove the fried bhindi on a plate.
- Add the remaining oil in the pan.
- Add cumin seeds and let them crackle for a few seconds.
- Now add onion and fry until they turn pinkish in colour.
- Add ginger and garlic and fry for 2 minutes.
- Add tomato and fry for 3-4 minutes until they are mushy.
- Now add bhindi, coriander powder, turmeric powder, red chilli powder and salt.
- Cover the pan and cook for 8-10 minutes on low heat.
- Remove the cover and increase the heat to high.
- Fry for 2-3 minutes until all the moisture evaporates.
- Add dry mango powder and fry for another minute.
- Serve hot with phulka or paratha.