Gobi ke danthal
from 2 large cauliflowersMustard oil
1 tbspOnion 1 chopped finelyGinger 1 inch, choppedGarlic 3-4 cloves, mincedGreen chillies
2Tomatoes 2, pureedCumin seeds
½ tspCarom seeds
½ tspChat masala ½ tsp
Garam masala½ tspRed chilli powder ½ tspSalt to tasteTurmeric powder ½ tspCoriander leavesto garnish
- Wash gobi danthal and soft leaves thoroughly to remove dust.
- Peel the outer hard tough layer and cut the danthal into about 2 inch pieces. I like to keep the hard layer as well.
- Heat mustard oil in a pan upto its smoking point.
- Reduce heat and add cumin and carom seeds.
- When the seeds start crackling, as onion, Ginger and garlic and saute for few minutes.
- Add tomato puree and cook further for few minutes till tomato gets cooked.
- Add all the spices and salt. Saute for a couple of minutes till masala leaves oil.
- Add gobi danthal and give a good stir to coat danthals well with masala.
- Reduce the flame to low, cover the pan and let it cook for 10-15 minutes and the stalks are tender.
- Do not overcook, they should be crunch in it.
- Garnish with chopped coriander leaves and serve hot with chapati and dal as a side dish.