- 8 to 10 slices of whole wheat bread or brown bread or white bread
- 1 medium size tomato – sliced thinly
- 1 beetroot – boiled, peeled and sliced thinly
- 1 potato – boiled, peeled and sliced thinly
- 1 medium size onion – peeled and sliced thinly
- Chaat masala as required
- Cumin powder as required
- Butter or olive oil as required
For paneer stuffing
- 200 grams paneer (cottage cheese)
- 4 to 5 Italian basil leaves
- 1 teaspoon chopped celery
- 1 tablespoon chopped coriander leaves (cilantro leaves)
Crumble the paneer with your hands or grate it. Add the chopped basil, celery, coriander leaves, green chillies along with black pepper, red chilli powder and salt. Mix well.
Spread or brush some butter or olive oil on the bread. Add 1 to 2 tablespoons of the paneer mixture on the bread. Sprinkle some chaat masala and cumin powder.
Place two or three slices each of boiled potato, onion, boiled beetroot and tomato. Sprinkle some salt, chaat masala and cumin powder again.
Place the second buttered or oiled bread on top and either grill or toast the sandwich. Here I have used my old sandwich hand toaster which works on stovetop
Once the sandwiches are browned, then remove and spread some butter if required on the sandwiches. Serve veg paneer sandwich hot or warm with mint chutney and tomato sauce.