¾ tsp garam masala
½ tsp red chilli powder (adjust to taste)
¾ to 1 tsp coriander powder
½ tsp chaat masala (or amchur, dried mango powder)
1 green chilli chopped (optional)
¾ tsp ginger grated or paste (or ¼ tsp ginger powder)
½ tsp salt (more if needed)
1 tsp kasuri methi
¼ tsp ajwain (carom seeds)
½ tsp fennel powder
2 tbsps coriander leaves fine chopped
- Heat a pan or griddle to cook the aloo parathas. The griddle should be hot enough otherwise the parathas will turn hard,
- ▢ When the pan is hot, gently transfer a rolled aloo paratha to it.
- ▢ With in 2 to 3 mins, you will see bubbles over it. Then flip it to the other side and cook.
- ▢ You will see the aloo paratha puffs and cooks well. Drizzle ghee or oil all over and flip it to the other side and cook.
- ▢ Smear some ghee on this side as well and press down the edges to cook thoroughly.
- ▢ Soon you will see golden to light brown spots on the aloo parathas. Remove to a plate and stack them. This keeps them soft.
- ▢ Top aloo paratha with some butter and serve with pickle or yogurt.