- 2/3 lb (300g) white fish fillets (hake, cod, tilapia, halibut)
- 3 medium potatoes
- 1 onion
- 1 egg
- 1 tbsp flour
- Parsley, chives (fresh or frozen)
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Fish stock
Cook diced potatoes in water from 15 to 20 minutes. Drain and mash with a fork and let cool. Patties better hold the cooking when potatoes are very cold, so you can cook them the day before.
2. Meanwhile, cook the fish in court bouillon for ten minutes. Drain and let cool. You can also steam you fish fillets, it’s up to you. I you
3. Finely chop the onion. Crumble fish and mix with onion.
4. Add mashed potatoes, egg, parsley, chives, flour, salt and pepper. Mix well using a wooden spoon .
5. Heat oil in a skillet. Reduce heat to a minimum.
6. Make fairly thick patties by pressing thoroughly with your hands.
7. Gently place the patties in the pan, and cook until nicely browned, about 3-4 minutes on each side. Set aside on paper towels .8. Serve with a salad and tomato sauce.