lbs chicken breasts (each chicken breast sliced in half)5 oz bell peppers sliced1/2 onion sliced1 cup Italian dressing plus 2 TBSP for peppers & onion3 tbsp canola oil 1 cup Monterey Jack cheese grated4 cups Mashed potatoes
- Heat a large oven-safe skillet over high heat. Sear the bell peppers and onion in 1 tsp of oil for 3 minutes or until charred looking. Add 2 TBSP of Italian dressing and stir to coat. Remove and set aside.
- Season the chicken breasts with salt, pepper and paprika on both sides. Add 2 tbsp of oil into the same skillet and sear the chicken breasts for 2 minutes on each side. Remove and set aside.
- Pour 1 cup of Italian dressing into the same skillet (still over high heat) and deglaze the pan for 1 minute. Remove from heat and pour dressing aside.
- Lightly grease the pan with 1 1/2 tsp of oil. Sprinkle 1/2 cup of cheese onto the bottom and spread 4 cups of mashed potatoes over the cheese. Sprinkle with remaining 1/2 cup of cheese. Layer the chicken breasts a top and pour over the dressing. Garnish with bell peppers and onion.
- Bake at 400° F for 20-30 minutes or until sizzling hot.